Chia seeds are a super food that has omega-3 fats and fiber. Just one serving of this chia pudding has 11 grams of fiber that is necessary for proper digestion. Its omega-3 fats help us to lower our bad cholesterol and can protect our hearts!
Why is this chia seed parfait so special besides it’s incredible nutrients? It’s the cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey and almond milk that give it a sweet and nutty flavor. Adding light sweet whipped cream or vanilla flavored yogurt gives it a more creamy texture. I sprinkled my homemade granola on top and this adds the final punch of crunch!
Enjoy this chia parfait as breakfast for a great start to your morning, afternoon snack or dessert! Or why not all three?!
Ingredients: (yields 2 servings)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or sweetened)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt or light whipped cream (whichever you prefer!)
- raw almond slices
- crushed granola – any kind you like!
Now lets make it!
- In a bowl, mix the chia seeds and cinnamon together.
- Pour in almond milk and whisk with a fork to make sure everything gets mixed evenly together (no clumps of chia, please!)
- Add in honey and vanilla extract and mix until it’s all one happy family.
- Pour chia mixture into two small cups (or glasses if you want to be fancy) and let them chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so they become that gelatin consistency we all know and love.
- Once done chilling, place a tablespoon of vanilla yogurt or light whipped cream on top of each chia parfait and sprinkle in almond slices and your crushed granola!
Look at it. Savor it. Enjoy it!
By: Nati’s Kitchen