Forget about grudgingly munching on tasteless celery because you want to lose weight. Seriously now, who really likes celery by itself? If you do, I’m currently slow-clapping for you.
If you don’t, I have a great alternative for you. Now you can eat a delicious savory carrot and celery cake to enjoy the previously almost-tasteless-low-calorie-celery, but pair it with sweet and crunchy carrots and onions to bake a CAKE. Yes, you can finally have your cake and eat it too.
Carrots have beta-carotene that your body converts into vitamin A for healthy skin, vision and boosts your immune system! Celery is basically 99% water so it detoxifies your digestive system. Onions have biotin that helps make our hair luscious and our nails strong.
Doesn’t this sound like the BEST. CAKE. EVER?!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup of shredded raw carrot
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- Half cup of chopped white onion
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or ¼ cup parmesan cheese) (set some of this aside to sprinkle some over the top)
- 8 slices of 100% whole wheat bread, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now let’s make it
- Mix the bread and milk in a bowl to form a dough-like consistency.
- Mix in mozzarella or parmesan cheese (if using parmesan, be careful with adding too much salt afterwards because parmesan is salty!)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the eggs, shredded carrot, celery and onion.
- Mix thoroughly until it is all blended evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden on top.
- You can eat this dish hot or cold!
Celery never tasted better!
By: Nati’s Kitchen